Saturday, March 7, 2020

Clifton Gorge Hike

My family surprised me with a fun adventure to Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve.  The hiking trails are beautiful. The trails were not as difficult as the reviews on All Trails made them out to be.  I have hiked all over Colorado and when I moved back to Ohio I wanted to prove that we have as much beautiful scenery here to enjoy as we did in Colorado.

The trail was not overly crowded but we passed many hikers on the trail.  The trails were paved in some areas, there were some bridges, fairly steep steps, and some steep ledges. If you bring your little ones, you definitely want to keep hold of their hands at all times.  The trails are not stroller or wagon friendly. Some of the trails did not allow pets but I saw a few leashed dogs so it doesn't seem as though they enforce the no pets rule.

There are waterfalls! I'm sure there are many more waterfalls to explore in the area.  I'd love to find the time to hike all of the trails in Yellow Springs eventually.

Yellow Springs, Ohio is a cute, hippie town with all the cute shops and cozy small town adorableness. It reminds me a little bit of Manitou Springs....not quite.....but I love these kind of towns.

While the goal is ultimately to end up back in Colorado, I'm here in Ohio for now and I'm going to explore as much of it as I can!

I didn't have my camera with me but I did have my phone so I did get a few pictures.

No comments: