Sunday, April 19, 2020

Tiptoe through the garden with me

I only get 4 days off work in a month since I am working two jobs.  When I say it like that....it's no wonder I'm exhausted most days.  I always hope that the days I get to be off work will be sunny and warm but this weekend it was cloudy and cold.  

Still, I decided that my car needed to be cleaned out and washed. Honestly, I just needed to get out of the house and find something to do that involved staying as far away from other people as possible and touching as few things as possible.  The car wash wasn't that thing. There weren't a lot of people but there were so many things.... but still, I had no choice but to clean out my car because it needed to be sanitized from the trips to the grocery store and my back and forth to work.

I had to replace my old Nikon a little while back with a Canon....which is what we used at the photography studio I worked at during the holiday season so I have a little experience but I still have a lot to figure out.  Especially with the Light Room software that I bought but haven't really figured out how it all works yet.  

I started playing around with Light Room yesterday and became frustrated and gave up and went back to Snapseed which in all honesty, really good for FREE software.  I have been using that for years so I'm much more comfortable and I haven't found anything in Light Room yet that does anything better....but I'm still navigating and learning.

I took a hike through Rentschler Forest.  I did the wetland trail along the canal and then the trail up to the waterfall.  I didn't do the whole trail because it was apparent that I am not the only one who was suffering from cabin fever and needed to get some fresh air and sunshine.  The trail wasn't super crowded but on a narrow trail, you can't really keep 6' between you when you're passing. 

I also tiptoed through the tulips near the hospital. Don't judge my photos too harshly just yet! I'm primarily taking pictures to learn how to use my editing tools and find the correct settings on my camera. 

No comments: