Sunday, June 14, 2020

TRAGEDY & IMPULSE


Friday, June 5th was probably one of the WORST days of my life so far. 

I drove to the airport to see 4 of my family members off to their new destination in life. The babies who have brought me so much joy for the past year and a half and have given me new purpose in life....gone. My heart was completely broken. 

The rest of us.... came home to an empty house. No more baby toys cluttered the living room. No more excited "hi", no more requests for "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", no one to sing to, no one to teach to use a spoon during meal time. 

We were all so sad. Our lives have revolved around those babies ever since they came home from the hospital. 

So...I decided to do what I do when I'm feeling sad. I go hiking and take pictures of nature. That still brings me joy. 

The guys went fishing and me and Kaylee were going to hike.  I decided to run back over to my car to take pictures of the damaged caused from the "Hit & Skip" accident that had happened on Wednesday when someone hit my car while I was at a stop light and then jumped on the highway and took off before I even could process I'd been hit.

As I headed back to the trail, with my camera around my neck, ready to shoot animals with the only thing I'd ever shoot anything with.... I tripped over a cable gate.  As I got close I realized that the gate was there and went to try to step over it, the cable got stuck in my sandal and I have no idea what happened afterwards! Just excruciating pain. 


I screamed out for someone to call 911. I knew that I was injured and couldn't get up.  I felt my hip and knee pop out of place. I felt a surge of pain shoot up my leg like electric shock. I was in shock. I just layed on the ground writhing in pain and .... calling out for my mom....I'm a grown, 41 year old woman crying for my mom.... which is kind of funny in hindsight but at the time I guess I really just needed some motherly love? Anyway,  a ride in an ambulance, a trip to the hospital and several x-rays determined that my hip and knee had popped back into place when I landed on the ground and nothing was broken. But.... I still couldn't walk. The hospital sent me home with crutches, nothing for pain and said follow up with your doctor. Ok. 

So, I follow up with my doctor...TWO days later because that happened on a Friday night, my doctors office didn't open until Monday. She was angry that that they didn't give me a prescription strength Ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. She referred me to an Ortho. I went to work that Monday and Tuesday because I'm stubborn as fuck and well, I just try to force things to work even when they don't.  On Monday I had a wheelchair. On Tuesday, I dumped the wheelchair and attempted crutches but I pretty much thought I was going to die by noon.  On Tuesday, my doctor gave me a note to take some time off work Wednesday, Thurs, Friday and the weekend to try to give my leg some time to heal. Well, it is Sunday and my MRI isn't scheduled until NEXT Thursday.  My leg still does not work. I'm pretty sure that something is torn and my doctor thinks something is broken and it wasn't visible on the x-rays because of the swelling. 

At this point what I know for certain is that I have a sprained ankle, a hyper-extended knee with tendon and nerve damage to the back of my knee.... whether it is just a strain or a tear will be determined in the MRI.  I have some major contusions. I have a chest wall contusion.  I have something wrong with my hip.... maybe just from losing fluid when it was dislocated. Not sure. 

AND ....... I .......broke.......my ....... camera...................

OMG. I had an awful feeling it was broken.  I think it is fixable ..... I am self diagnosing as shutter damage because the shutter appears to be the only thing damaged. But..... that means I can't shoot. But also, my leg being fucked up pretty much prevents that as well. 

SO........ sitting here at home with nothing to do but sleep....and my leg still feels horrible I made an IMPULSE PURCHASE.

I thing I'm going to puke.

OMG.

Is it too late to return it? It's on back order. A new camera. Just the body. I'm still going to send my t7i in for repair but..... I upgraded. And I didn't need to buy a lens because the ones I have will work for the new camera.

BUT................

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to need to make this money back fast! 

My. God.

Please heal me quickly so I can get back out there and make some money!

No comments: