Saturday, May 23, 2020

Starting a business during a pandemic (While working 2 other jobs!)

I have gotten in a LOT of practice shooting portraits this past week. I feel frustrated with the software and trying to learn camera settings. I think I'm going to need to take some classes to feel more comfortable with it. I'm a hands on learner. Most things I do, I have taught myself through trial and error. 

I have shot over 50 portraits this week.  Most of those I did for work. I am gifting a picture of our residents at the nursing home I work at to their family members who have been unable to visit due to Covid restrictions. Who needs the gym when you're doing photographer squats? My body is sore! But I'm way out of shape and I don't plan on going to the gym when it re-opens for a while.  It looks like my workout is going to be my side hustle!

Sunday I did a milk bath shoot with my grandbabies! Monday, between my mad rush to get payroll completed early so we could get paid early because of the upcoming Memorial Day holiday I shot 8 portraits. Tuesday.... I don't even remember Tuesday. Where did Tuesday go? Wednesday I shot around 30 portraits. Dear God, my knees felt every bit of that. Thursday we had a Honk & Wave Drive By Parade at work. It was so adorable! The family members of the residents decorated their cars with posters, balloons, streamers, the police and fire department and even some ponies paraded through our parking lot...in the pouring rain.... just for our residents. I had no idea it would evoke such strong emotions from me, but seeing these family members laying eyes on their loved ones for the first time in months had me sobbing uncontrollably. Through my tears I took pictures of the cars that came through.  Friday I shot a couple more pictures and got a call that my son passed out and was unconscious so that lead to a trip to the ER. Turns out, he was severely dehydrated. Today, Saturday, I worked a 12 hour shift at my part-time job as a scheduling coordinator for a staffing agency. And the next few days I am taking off to spend time with my family. 

If you follow my blog, follow my photography page! https://www.facebook.com/violetauraphotography/
XOXO







No comments: