Sunday, April 26, 2020

Launching my business! First photoshoot.

It is a crazy time to start a business, I know, but I have been trying to make this happen for quite some time and so here I am, starting a business during a global pandemic and economic catastrophe. Luckily, I do not intend to depend on my business for income right away.  I studied business and marketing and I know that even in a stable economy it takes most business 5 years to start turning a profit. I have my other jobs that pay the bills. I don't think of photography as a job (except for when I worked for a photography studio and we had to photograph hundreds of kids in 10 hours and then clean the bathrooms ...THAT was a job. This is a passion. This is what I LOVE doing. Chasing sunsets, rainbows, mountains, waterfalls.... finding a trail that leads to an incredible adventure and long, lasting friendships with strangers, and befriending a chipmunk that climbs into your hand to share a snack, that isn't a job. That is an adventure.

This week, I got to photograph my most favorite human on the planet! We had so much fun doing this photoshoot.  I might have killed my knees but it was so worth it!






No comments: